I say more: the just man justices;
Keeps grace: that keeps all his goings graces;
Acts in God's eye what in God's eye he is --
Christ — for Christ plays in ten thousand places,
Lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not his
To the Father through the features of men's faces. *
May we believe in our hearts that we are precious and beautiful to behold in the eyes of God! May we also see others as children of God, precious and beautiful to behold! May we spend time in prayer, discerning how we are called to do small things with great love! And may our hearts be filled with courage, faith, hope, mercy, and love that we may offer these in turn to everyone we encounter! Let us meet in the Heart of Jesus! Peace!
©Michele L. Catanese
* As Kingfishers Catch Fire, by Gerard Manley Hopkins, SJ (1844-1889). The entire poem is found at https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44389/as-kingfishers-catch-fire
1. My photo taken in Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve, just north of the Arctic Circle, Bettles, Alaska. This photo was taken out on the tundra near Anaktuvuk Pass; the mountain is part of the Brooks Range.
2. My photo of a mosaic of Moses and the Burning Bush: Basilica of San Vitale, Ravenna, Italy.
3. My photo of a stained glass window in the convent of St. Gildard at Nevers, France, depicting St. Bernadette praying before Our Lady of Lourdes. Bernadette entered the Sisters of Charity in Nevers, remaining until her death at the age of 35.
4. My photo of the original painting, The Good Samaritan by Vincent van Gogh. I took this in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX at an exhibition which included this work.
5. Icon, Fr. Gerard Manley Hopkins the Poet's Poet, by Fr. William Hart McNichols. Note the inset of the Kingfisher in the upper left corner. You can find this at https://fineartamerica.com/featured/fr-gerard-manley-hopkins-the-poets-poet-144-william-hart-mcnichols.html
NOTE: In compliance with GDPR rules, I wish to make it clear that I do not gather any information on any of my readers at any time.