May we continue our celebration, adoration, reflection, and prayer during this Christmas season! May we learn how to let go of all which keeps us from growing in closeness to God! May we find inspiration in the Holy Family and the Magi who discerned the message of God! And may we find healing and peace in the newborn Jesus! Let us continue to meet in the heart of Jesus! Peace!
© Michele L. Catanese
* “With healing in His wings” is a line from the third verse of the Christmas carol, Hark the Herald Angels Sing. It is actually a paraphrase of Malachi 3:20. You can find the lyrics to this carol at https://www.google.com/search?q=hymn+hark+the+herald+angels+sing+lyrics&oq=Hymn%2C+Hark+the&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l7.6806j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Blessings to all in 2020!
1. Icon, The Holy Family for the Holy Family Hospital of Bethlehem, by Fr. William Hart McNichols. You can find this at https://fineartamerica.com/featured/the-holy-family-for-the-holy-family-hospital-of-bethlehem-william-hart-mcnichols.html
2. My photo of the fresco, The Flight into Egypt, by Giotto. This was taken in the Scrovegni Chapel in Padua.
3. Mosaic of the Adoration of the Magi. San Vitale, Ravenna, Italy.
4. My photo of a sunset in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. There is mystery in this photo, as symbolized by the unknown objects on the beach.
5. Painting, The Nativity and the Annunciation to the Shepherds, by Bernardino Luini, (1480/1490-1532)
NOTE: In compliance with GDPR rules, I wish to make it clear that I do not gather any information on any of my readers at any time.